Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My thin place.

Ok for those who don't know what a thin place is it is someplace where heaven seems to come down and touch Earth. For me it is south Texas. A few weeks ago I spent two weekends there. It was amazing! I love nature and down South I just feel Gods presence so strong. It is Amazing! One weekend I went to the ranch where my grandparents used to live. I have missed it so much. I thought it would be kind of hard to go back there since they no longer lived there. Surprisingly it wasn't that hard at all. I actually had a ton of fun and after we left I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Like I had been carrying around some hurt feelings from when my grandparents moved. It was extremely hard for me to watch them move. I loved the people and the county down there. It was hard to go back the first few times but slowly it has gotten better. It just took some time to readjust. I am glad that my moms mom lives down in south Texas and I have some where to go when I want to visit. I think that I will always have a place in my heart for South Texas. Here are some pictures that I took.

I love all the hills.














Deer are EVERYWHERE!! This was taken from the side of the road.














The river! The clouds in this picture are AMAZING!














This is my favorite pool! I LOVE IT!! I swam here every year for as long as I can remember and I was so thankful to be able to go back this summer!







This is my brother doing a belly flop. It was AWESOME! Look how high off the water he is. I love this picture because it is so amazing!




















So this is my special thin place. I hope to blog more in the near future. We shall see how that goes.

No comments: