Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Letting Go!

This morning I am struggling. I had a fight with one of my friends like a month ago and nothing has been the same since. I have realized that I was being used. It is like the fog from my eyes has been removed and I can see everything in a new light. Ever since our fight we have hung out like once. It was weird. We didn't talk about the fight or anything. We just acted like nothing happened. I was a little mad about that. Then the only time in the past month that she has called me was when she needed something. Last night she called again wanting to stay at my house. I wasn't at home so I told her no. I am tired of letting people walk all over me. It is a weakness of mine. I tend to just say yes to people even when I know that I probably shouldn't. I have learned through this fight that I have to start saying no more often. It is hard for me but I think in the long run it will be a good thing. I saw this friend again this morning. I was trying to distance myself from her and I was in a hurry. She sent me a text telling me that it was real nice of me not to stay hi to her. I waved when she yelled my name. I just didn't feel like dealing with the whole issue this morning. I want to move on with my life.
I am starting to feel like I don't have time for these type of people in my life. All my life I have had friends who needed me and to be honest I am tired of being needed all the time. I want to focus on me for a change and get my life where I want it. I feel like over the last year I have done a ton of changing and it has been a good thing. I can see myself growing through everything that I go through. It is pretty amazing! It still hurts to lose a friend but to be honest maybe it is time I just let it go! So my prayer this morning is that I find the strength to let it go and move on to bigger and better things.

1 comment:

Julie said...

hey heather!
i am going through the same thing, in a way. haven't really had a fight with this friend, but i have realized that she uses me a lot and i am sick of it and want to move on. i haven't told her how i feel. i think she would deny it or something or try to be all sorry for it and then keep doing it. which is going to be hard cause she still texts me sometimes and i know she will prob want to hang out with me at some point and i don't want to but i feel rude saying no. and i'm usually bored so it gives me something to do. she used to be one of my best friends but i feel she shouldn't be. anyways i just wanted to say i know how you feel!
julie rich