Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fortress Week 4

This week was another short week but it was a long one at the same time. I got to Fortress on Sunday, we had a short meeting, and then we had orientation with the youth group that came that week. Then I stayed and help paint a little bit. I didn’t do much but I did some. The week we had off a group showed up and they started redoing the bathroom but they didn’t finish the bathroom so I helped a little.

Monday came around and the kids showed back up. I really do love all of our little ones. They are just so cute. King showed up and ran to me and gave me a big hug. He is so cute. I love that kid. This week we learned about kindness and goodness. We gave the kids stickers for being good or kind. It was fun. I really do love all the little kids that come to Fortress. Their personalities are starting to come out a lot more. It is so fun to see them start acting like themselves.

This week during circle time we told the kids we had to sing the fruit of the spirit song and William just started singing it and sang the whole song. It was kind of amazing. I mean we have been singing it for the last few weeks but they haven’t really been singing with us so our little preschoolers really are listening more than we think they are. They then got to go in front of the elementary kids and sing the song to them. It was pretty amazing.

This week some of the Fortress kids went to a VBS at a church about 30 min away. They all talked about how much fun it was. I got to go with them on Monday night. It was interesting but fun. I really love the kids that come to Fortress.

It was a great week and I am looking forward to next week. :D

No comments: