Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fortress Week 5

This week was another short week. I did not even go to Fort Worth until Monday morning. I left Abilene at 5:30 a.m. and if you know me then you know that I am not a morning person but I really enjoy driving to Fort Worth that early. I got to watch the sun come up. It was pretty awesome. It felt like I was watching the world wake up. When I got to Fortress, I got ready for the day because I was leading things this week. Then when King showed up he ran to me and gave me a big hug. It is becoming a daily thing but I would have to say that I love it. :D

Everything went well for the day. Then I went on the prayer drive with Stacy. It was awesome. She did a great job. We went to Hillside Park and looked out over the city. I love the view from there. Between where we were standing and where down town starts is where the kids we work with live. It is just pretty amazing to look out over all of them.

Tuesday we had a group of 8 show up to work with our kids so it was a little crazy but fun. We did many hands on things and a lot of coloring. It was fun for the youth group but I did not interact with the kids so it was a little boring but I loved watching the kids interact with the group. It was a fun day.

I am looking forward to next week because Highland (my home church) is coming to take the preschoolers on a field trip. I can’t wait its going to be so much fun. :D

No comments: