Thursday, March 11, 2010

Temptation

I am in two different classes where we are talking a lot about sex this semester. It has been very interesting and I have actually enjoyed it. Sex is a topic we often ignore. I don't really understand that but we often do ignore or act like sex is something that doesn't happen among the Christian population. Something we have said over and over again in our class is that the world is yelling that sex is ok to have no matter what relationship you are in and at the same time the church quietly says no but doesn't really say why or talk about it much. This is something I don't really understand. Why are we afraid to say something about sex? Why is it something that we can't talk about? Today we talked about the temptation to have sex before marriage. We talked about how in the Bible it never really says "Do not have sex before marriage." I wonder if part of this is because it wasn't really that big of a deal in the Bible times. I mean people went through puberty and were married in a year or two. But in our cultural we go through puberty and then have to deal with sexual temptation for about 10 years before we are married. It is hard to wait that long and for a teenager 10 years is a lifetime. I hadn't really thought about my own walk with temptation until today. I have never really be tempted sexually until lately. I think a lot of that is because of my past. I went through some stuff in High School that made me not want to be around guys at all. It wasn't until recently after I have dealt with all that stuff that I have started thinking about a relationship with a guy and that leads to temptation. I think in some ways this has been amazing for me. I didn't have to deal with all of that stuff. I mean don't get me wrong I dealt with a lot but I have gotten over it. I don't think I could be a teenager in todays world and not be tempted to go to far. Temptation is hard but I am glad I am in classes where we all talk about how it is something that we all struggle with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And it came to pass after these things that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me. But he refused and said unto his master's wife. . . how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

Fornication ( sex before marriage ) adultery, lust have never been approved by God, but the Bible does say "Marriage is honorable and the marriage bed undefiled"